Thursday, December 22, 2005

Some call it science... I call it art.

I was going through my cell images recently and came across a favorite of mine that I had forgotten about. Once in a while when looking through a microscope you come across an interesting cell that really has nothing to do with your work but it looks cool none the less. This is one such a cell: I love this picture. It kind of looks like a little gecko or something hanging out on a rock. Really for all you science geeks that's a GFP tagged protein hanging out beside the nucleus. However, I like to call it art. I think it looks cool enough to fall into that category. I'm not so fond of microscopy work but I think the outcome of the images is awesome. Way better than looking at a gel.

Hmm... come to think of it, that picture is pretty festive as well.

No comments: