Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!

You can run but you can't hide!!! 2006 is here.

Due to the holidays and my determination to finish that manuscript I've been working on for what seems like ages I've neglected my blog. Don't worry though, I've found other ways to procrastinate especially since I've found Shockwave games. Barnyard Invasion and Zuma are bad! This leads me to my New Year's resolutions:

* Don't procrastinate!!!
* Start jogging again


I swear I need parental control on my computer to block out all the websites I use to procrastinate. However, I'm determined that will all change as of today. No procrastination! I think I need a giant poster above my desk that says that.

As for that manuscript, it's coming along quite well so far. Just a page or so left of the discussion and then off to my supervisor so he can rip it all to shreds and tell me it sucks. I'm hoping not though. I think it's pretty good. Of course, working on that manuscript all week has put me into my writing schedule which consists of staying up until 2 or 3 am and then sleeping in. For some reason I write best late at night. I was determined to go to bed early tonight and get back on a more regular schedule since I have to start teaching in a few weeks at 8 am!!! However, being that it is 1:30 am right now and I'm not the slightest bit tired I don't think I'll be getting back into that routine anytime soon. I don't know how I'm going to survive the thesis writing combined with the 8 am teaching. I'm so not a morning person.

No comments: