Thursday, January 19, 2006

Teaching - not so bad... so far

Well week one went smoothly. My students seem pretty smart so hopefully that keeps up and they don't get lazy as the term goes on. There were the talkers though. Two girls who sat right at the front and talk, talk, talk. I couldn't figure out if they were discussing what I was talking about or discussing how their weekend went. Either way it was very annoying. They were trying to whisper but still. I'm not really one to stop what I'm talking about and look at them all mean and say, "Do you have something to contribute to the class?". I always hated when profs did that to someone and usually it didn't shut the person up. They just kept talking to piss the prof off. Maybe a few glares in their direction will shut them up. Honestly, if you are going to talk in class then don't sit right at the front right in front of me!

Other than the chatty Cathys things went pretty smoothly. Except of course when the carbon dioxide tank started to get really low and their anesthetised flies started waking up. I just envisioned all these fruit flies flying around the room. Good thing the students were quick and avoided the fruit fly infestation.

On an unrelated note, I've discovered Firefox. Yes, a bit behind the times. I've heard of it before but didn't really pay attention to it. I came across it as I was looking into getting a Gmail account. What's another email account when you already have four? Anyways, Gmail said it was the #2 PC product of the year. Of course my reaction was "what's #1?". It's Firefox! That sold me on downloading it. So far so good. Between Firefox, Thunderbird, Trillian, and VoIP (all of which were in the top 100) I'm loving the internet. Come to think of it, I never did get a Gmail account. I got so distracted by Firefox I totally forgot.

Anyways, I should get some work done before Earl and The Office are on. Thursdays are good TV days.

Oh by the way, if you're a lurker it's time to de-lurk. Comment, introduce yourself, say hello. Whatever. I know you're out there. I have my ways... mwahahaha.

13 comments:

ScienceWoman said...

i'm behind in my reading and my commenting, but here you go.

Roy said...

Learning is a two way process. NO teacher can only play his role and no student can play his significant role in it. Therefore, the participation of teacher and student is must in society for effective teaching and learning process.

Mazibul said...

Finding out is usually a couple technique practice. NOT ANY educator can certainly solely engage in his or her purpose without scholar can certainly engage in his or her major purpose from it. visit the website for taking part connected with the educator in addition to the scholar usually has to with contemporary society intended for useful coaching in addition to finding out practice.

Anonymouse said...

Wonderful blog post, Everybody UN agency is engaged in teaching field is aware of that it's not regularly sincere to show a lesson to the students. The residency personal statement writers for teaching is providing very excellent tips to individuals for this opinions.

residency personal statement writers said...

Nice post, The teacher could be a driver World Health Organization inspired our student to form growing. This journal is amazingly necessary for the World Health Organization desires to find out some new ideas.

mikon said...

If i want to get the better structure for my students then i can get the better area from this site. You can get the better help from this site. with the help of grad school application resume you can get the better access.

Mason said...

Teaching is not a bad thing according to my point of view, because in this filed everyone give you respect and lit assistance essay is the that you have gotten back to the students. Never think bad about the teaching.

Anonymous said...

Teaching students are such a great way to transfer your knowledge throug this source. This is what students learn a lot in positive way. We should encourage students who are doing their bets job. http://www.phdthesis.info/phd-thesis-editing-and-proofreading-services/

Unknown said...

Assisting is not really an awful idea as per my best opinion, given that during this archived most people provide you adhere to together with http://www.essayrewriter.net/faq-on-how-to-rewrite-my-essay/ composition stands out as the that it is purchased back in any trainees. For no reason believe that lousy with regards to the assisting.

Christopher Blevins said...

Instructing just isn't a negative factor in accordance with my own viewpoint, due to the fact on this registered every person offer you value and also lit up support article could be the which you have obtained returning to the particular pupils. By no means consider negative in regards to the instructing this website.

Pnky said...

There is the soapbox stiffer with which you can get the teaching area in this field. You can also whisper in this better field. You can visit the site and get the better term with this field. Just make your work done in this area.

NAINA said...

Technique is the most important word in the world. what we do from morning to night we all do by technique click here. so I really wanna thanks to you for the article.

Foreignadmits | Study Abroad said...

Thanks for the Great Content. I will also share with my Friends and once again Thanks a lot for sharing valuable information with us. Please keep on sharing.
ssrgbcc