Sunday, April 22, 2007

You have got to be kidding me!

The other day I was watching TV and an ad came on for an electric bicycle. That's right, a pedal bike that is also electric. You can either pedal it old school style, use power assist so you don't have to pedal so hard or use if full power so you don't have to do anything. Come on, are people really that lazy? What happened to the days of riding a bike being exercise. You know, global warming or war isn't going to end our species. No, the last few people on earth will die because the power goes out and they can't charge their electric bicycle and being so overweight and lacking muscle mass they won't be able to pedal their bike to whatever fast food restaurant to get some deep fried food and they will die of starvation. Seriously, no wonder more and more of the population is becoming progressively more overweight.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's true that a huge percentage of the population are overweight - but I'd bet you a decent sum of money if someone who was overweight bought an electric bicycle to replace their car commute, they'd lose weight faster than if they bought a regular bike for the same purpose. Why? Because there is evidence that electric bicycles are as good, if not better, exercise than traditional bicycles, and also, because in many cases regular bicycles are far less convenient or discouraging to use for many people, so they end up not using them, and go back to their bad habits. Electric bikes encourage a gentle ramping up of fitness, and make it easy to stop using your car so much, as opposed to a regular bike which can be discouraging for many people who don't to arrive at work sweaty and dishelvelled.

Anonymous said...

That's about it Cass. When you're fat it's difficult and discouraging to haul up any hill. Electric assist makes it possible and provides an opportunity to ramp up, so to speak. 50% effort beats zero effort.

Elmo said...

Electric Bicycles and Electric Scooters

Elmo The Electric Bike and Electric Scooter Guy

This is an excellent blog for electric bicycles. There are not too many around like this. Thanks for making this such an interesting subject. Oh, by the way, Wired Magazine has a great article on hybrid cars this month. (Jan 2008 issue).

God Bless,
Elmo

Anonymous said...

No Offense but are you serious?

I don't know why this reality has just a negative view of fat people.

Research and studies have been done and they have actually said some people who are overweight have the most will power over regular people.

I have had a weight problem alot of my life EVEN when I was a scholarship college athlete.

I still had problems... And no I can't stand fries and fast food.

And yes prelim test results are showing I have cushings disease.

But WTF would you know. Get off your stupid soap box and walk in some elses shoes.

As for electric bikes... Due to ALL THE EXERCISE I did I was diagnosed with arthiritis when I was 28 and in 2007 I was diagnosed with a torn minicus in my knee (37).

I was told by my my knee doctor when I am in my 50's I will need total knee replacement in both legs

What would an elelctric bike due... Help me exercise with bad knees and being so overweight.

And Exercise isn't all that... I can attest to that since I have been an athlete since 3rd grade.

And I have the torn down body to prove it!